Profiling customers is more important than ever, especially in the digital world nowadays, where we can target someone based on what they had for dinner last Tuesday evening. With that being said, it can be all too tempting to hit the ground running and not give much thought to fine tuning your message or ensuring you are getting the most returns back from your advertising campaigns.
In this blog we will ask you 10 simple questions that will help you create a profile for your customers or subset, and using this will not only turbo charge your advertising results, but help your focus your efforts and make you think differently across the board.
Document the answers however you want, some work them into a strategy document, some keep them in a spreadsheet, but just make sure you use and refer back to them;
- Where is the target audience located?
- What is the average age & gender of your target consumer?
- What are their average take home earnings?
- Do they own their own home?
- What are their hobbies?
- What industry sector are they employed in?
- Do they have children?
- What problems do they want solving?
- How do they get their information & news? (Traditional vs Tech)
- Out of all of the above, which are my highest paying and most loyal customers?
Once you have these questions answered, it should help you decide when, where and how you focus your efforts on social media marketing and advertising.